Pre/Post-Nuptial Agreements – Many people have the wrong idea about pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements, thinking of them as some kind of indication that the romance is not there or that people are thinking the marriage is going to fail. That just isn’t true – these kinds of agreements force couples to talk about important things (finances, career changes, etc.), and that kind of communication can help couples decide what works best for them (on their best day) and can safeguard one spouse from making sure the other doesn’t take advantage of them (on their worst day). Honest communication is the bedrock of a good relationship; somewhat ironically, if more couples had these kinds of talks before or after getting married, we might see less divorce! Pre-nuptial agreements are made before marriage, with the marriage being a condition of the agreement, while post-nuptial agreements are made after marriage in exchange for something of value. Both kinds of agreements are useful, but require certain conditions to be met if they are going to hold up in court.
Arizona Family Court Modifications And Prenuptial Agreements
In this article, you will discover:
- How changes in circumstances can affect parenting time and child support.
- Why pre-nuptial agreements are not just for the wealthy.
- When to consider a post-nuptial agreement, even in a happy marriage… Read More
Mitigate Risk With Prenuptial And Postnuptial Agreements In AZ
In this article, you will learn:
- What exactly a prenuptial agreement does.
- Whether prenuptial agreements are always enforceable.
- What determines whether a prenuptial agreement is not enforceable… Read More